Christmas day the children let us sleep in until about 8:15. Santa really spoiled them this year.
I think they were all surprised. They finally got Rock Band. Drew's big gift was a 4 wheeler. Natalie's was an ipod speaker dock/alarm clock, Monica's was American Girl doll, Felicity. Mike's secret errand from the day before was a new camcorder for me. At the wedding he heard me talking about the problems I had with mine and decided that would be a good gift for me. " I guess he does listen after all"
Mike cooked a rib roast for dinner. His sister and her husbands family joined us. We had a great
time and really enjoyed their company.
The day after Christmas we reorganized and got ready for company. Mike's Aunt and cousin from MI were heading through on there way to FL. We don't get to see them very often so we wanted to make it a nice visit. We cooked part of the day and they got here in the afternoon. We had about 20 for dinner. It was so good so see them. The next morning they left at 5am. Then by 9am we were packed up and went to see my dad in SC . The children had a great time feeding the animals, and going fishing. We also went to Charleston to see a park filled with lights. Monica climbed the rock wall, Drew tried. We ate fresh seafood for dinner, what a treat. We headed back on the 31st and brought in the New Year with our new neighborhood friends at the clubhouse. On New Years Day Mike and I got up and started cooking for another round of company. We invited Mike's family to stay again on there way back from Florida. It was so good to see them. And we really enjoyed having family around for the holidays.
We are now getting back to our schedules. Drew was still off school this past week. He was getting stir crazy by Thursday and Friday. He too will be glad to get back tomorrow.
Natalie had her first indoor soccer tournament yesterday. It was her first game with the new team. She did well and scored a goal in the first game. She was a defender on the next two games. The girls really looked good for their first game. Natalie tried her slide tackle with success the first time. She ended up with a burn on her knee from the gym floor. The second time she did it she took out a girl and got a yellow card. ( the girl was not hurt)They finally told her that slide tackles are not to be done indoors. Mike and Natalie were super excited about her aggressiveness. I was thankful that she is not going to do it again. We have to protect those knees. I forgot to mention that she may be playing with a broken big toe. She didn't want to go to the Dr. because she was afraid they wouldn't let her play. Aunt Susie and the girls came to the games. It is so great being close to them. Monica went home with them for the night, what a treat for her. I hope she was able to help with the girls.
Okay, I think that is enough catch-up. Hope you aren't asleep after all that. We have been so busy I haven't had time to write. I will spend the rest of today taking Christmas down.
No comments:
Post a Comment